JOB TITLE: Customer Services Specialist I
Who is Exped?
EXPED USA is a subsidiary of the outdoor brand, EXPED AG of Zurich, Switzerland. With an office in Tacoma, Washington, our small team works as a distributor (sales, marketing, customer service, shipping, logistics) of EXPED’s tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, backpacks, and other innovative outdoor gear.
What Will You Do?
As a member of the Customer Service team, the Customer Service Specialist I will provide a high level of service and support to Exped customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Two or more years outdoor industry customer service experience
- Or two or more years retail experience in outdoor specialty shops
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and ERP systems
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide phone support for dealer and consumer customers
- Accurate order entry and shipment processing
- Responding to consumer and dealer emails in a timely manner
- Respond to comments, inquiries, and questions on Exped’s social media outlets
- Resolve customer warranty claims
- Become knowledgeable about all aspects of Exped’s product line
- Assist in maintaining company databases
- Assist in developing and improving processes/procedures
- Facilitate the shipping of returns and parts
- Facilitate industry professional purchase
- Assist repairs department
- Attendance may be required at industry tradeshows
- Support and assist sales management and sales representatives
- Responsible for opening and closing office
All duties and tasks will be performed in a positive, professional manner, according to Exped LLC policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office and order management systems)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Teamwork and flexibility are crucial to this position
- Lifting or moving cartons up to 50 lbs
- Job location – Tacoma, WA (in office position)
- This position reports to Director of Operations
- Non-Exempt position
- Salary range is $18.50 to $20.50 an hour
- Medical and dental insurance paid
- Paid vacation
- 401K match program
Exped USA requires all new employees have and present proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to employment.
Resumes can be submitted by email (email@example.com) or mailed (1142 Broadway Suite 400, Tacoma, WA 98402). No phone calls, please.