Tacoma-based EXPED USA, a subsidiary of Exped AG in Switzerland, is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic, strategy-oriented person to join their team as a full-time IT Technician. We are a small, tightly knit group, and the person we hire will have an immediate impact on both the day-to-day technical-support needs of the team and the long-term IT strategy of the company. This position reports directly to the EXPED USA Vice President and will be based at our offices in Tacoma, WA.
- User Technical Support: Assist employees with software, hardware, and systems issues (including remote and virtual environments) in a courteous and professional manner
- New Employee Onboarding: Purchase necessary hardware and software/subscriptions, and provide orientation for new employees; create/configure new-user accounts for appropriate software and services
- Hardware/Software Maintenance: Configure, maintain and support/troubleshoot computers, telephones, audio/visual systems, printers, and supporting software, hardware, and services; apply updates/upgrades as needed to maintain consistency and integrity
- Systems/Network Monitoring and Coordination: Troubleshoot user-level systems/network issues, perform regular system backups, and as necessary communicate/coordinate broader or more complex systems/network issues with appropriate external partners
- Telecommunications/Internet Provider Configuration, Coordination and Monitoring: Configure and update telecom auto attendant, hunt groups, etc.; Monitor internet service and report/communicate outages and updates to employees
- ERP/EDI System Management: Maintain and troubleshoot system connectivity with warehouse and retail partners to ensure maximum uptime; work with and gather feedback from directors/users to address ongoing needs; implement best practices in a growing environment
- Services/Systems Integration: Ensure relevant services are connected and transferring data/info as seamlessly as possible
- IT Scaling/Futureproofing Assessment, Recommendations and Project Management/Coordination: Monitor and assess current systems, software, services, and hardware solutions, and recommend changes to optimally support company growth. Execute or coordinate the completion of any/all approved solutions.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar degree, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with and support both on-site and remote teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good organization, time management and prioritization
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present info clearly.
- Proof of COVID vaccination required
Microsoft Windows and Mac Operating Systems, MS365, MS Outlook/Exchange, VOIP Telephone Systems (Comcast Business VoiceEdge), Remote Support Tools, Printers, Asset Management Tools (Dropbox, OneDrive), Quickbooks, ERP/EDI systems
- Individual health and dental care covered 100%
- Paid Time Off
- 401K match program
- Great discounts on gear
- Exempt position
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
ABOUT EXPED AND EXPED USA
EXPED is a privately owned outdoor gear company based in Zurich, Switzerland, that makes award-winning sleeping mats, tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, and accessories. Founded in 1997, EXPED delivers Comfort Anywhere no matter the adventure – from family car camping to Arctic expeditions. EXPED USA directs the sales, marketing, and operations for the brand in the US.