These award-winning, ultralight versions of the original DownMat offer amazingly compact and lightweight solutions for fast-and-light, human-powered winter camping, ski/snowboard/snowshoe touring and mountaineering adventures. They are the warmest ultralight sleeping mats available anywhere and their compact stowed size will make even the most fastidious gear-packer happy. Their stunning, 7.1 R-value, achieved by use of high quality down insulation, puts DownMat UL (rectangular version) and DownMat HL (tapered version), in a class by themselves. Anti-slip GripSkin coating on the surface of the mat helps keep a sleeping bag, and occupant, in place on the mat during the night.
The difference between the HL and UL versions is profile. UL is EXPED’s designation for a rectangular mat, built with ultralight material, that offers a full sleeping surface all the way out to the corners. HL is our designation for a mat that has those corners tapered-off, thereby reducing weight and bulk even more.
- 9cm/3.5” thick for maximum warmth and comfort; no grounding-out at shoulders and hips
- Tapered shape of HL version fit next to each other, head-to-foot in confined spaces
- Insulated with 700 fill-power down for super-efficient insulation, longevity,excellent compressibility and low weight.
- Includes Schnozzel Pumpbag UL M for inflation
- Minimal weight and packed size
- Convenient inflate and deflate valves
- Stable baffle construction
- Anti-slip GripSkin coating