In 2001, EXPED’s DownMat revolutionized sleeping mat design and set a new standard in warmth and comfort. The XP 9 (9cm thick) is the result of almost twenty years of painstaking tinkering with a proven performer, and its thick, down-insulated chambers have kept adventurers warm in the very coldest, most savage environments on the planet. Down is an amazingly efficient, lightweight, highly compressible insulation and offers the longest usable lifespan of any insulating material for use in outdoor gear. With a stratospheric R-value of 7.8, DownMat XP 9 is the choice for cold weather trips or for those who sleep cold, regardless of conditions.
- Excellent choice for extreme cold conditions; provides high levels of insulation from ground
- UV and abrasion-resistant polyester fabric is nonslip and highly durable; high-frequency welded seams are airtight
- Baffles between down-filled air chambers prevent cold spots and create thick, stable and comfortable cushioning
- Internal lamination technology dramatically increases long-term durability and airtight quality of the mat fabric
- Inflated with the included Schnozzel Pumpbag, which doubles as a waterproof stuff sack for a sleeping bag or clothing