In these cold weather versions of our lightweight SynMats, microfiber insulation and ultralight fabrics offer light-and-packable carrying and an R-value of 5.2 provides the added warmth. For cold sleepers, this is a year-round ultralight sleeping mat for backpacking and mountaineering. At 9cm/3.5” thick, these mats ensure hips and shoulders never contact the ground. As with all EXPED synthetic-insulated mats, the fiber strands are secured to the upper and lower walls of the chambers, ensuring maximum loft when inflated over the full lifetime of the mat. Anti-slip GripSkin coating on the surface of the mat helps keep a sleeping bag, and occupant, in place on the mat during the night.
The difference between the HL and UL versions is profile. UL is EXPED’s designation for a rectangular mat, built with ultralight material, that offers a full sleeping surface all the way out to the corners. HL is our designation for a mat that has those corners tapered-off, thereby reducing weight and bulk even more.
- Tapered shape of HL version fit next to each other, head-to-foot in confined spaces
- Includes Schnozzel Pumpbag UL M for inflation
- Minimal weight and packed size
- Convenient inflate and deflate valves
- Stable baffle construction
- Anti-slip GripSkin coating