Part foam mat, part tarp, MultiMat is an extremely useful piece of gear that may just be EXPED’s most versatile product. 3mm of quick-drying, closed-cell EVA foam is sandwiched between a top and bottom of ripstop nylon, making MultiMat lightly insulating as well as water-resistant.
Available in three sizes, Uno, Duo and Trio, MultiMat can be used as an ultralight sleeping mat (R-value 1.4 single layer, 2.8 when folded in half, 4.2 with 3-layers under-body) or as a ground cloth for added durability under an air mat. Other uses (we’re still discovering them) include tent carpet, picnic mat, dog mat, vestibule liner, tablecloth, canoe liner, sit pad, warm, moisture-resistant ground cloth, car-side mat for changing clothes after an adventure, etc, etc.
Snaps around the edges allow several MultiMats to be connected in series or a folded mat to be secured to itself. Integrated elastic loops keep the rolled mat tidy. Loops in the corners allow the mat to be staked to the ground.
- 3 mm thickness, tough top fabric, slip-reduction floor fabric
- Snaps along edges to connect multiple mats or secure folded mat
- Versatile: ultralight sleeping mat, tent carpet, dog mat, picnic mat, tarp, vestibule liner, canoe liner, etc.
- Works as moisture and insulative barrier on wet and cold ground
- Lightweight and affordable
- Integrated elastic storage loops